Heads On Sticks & Ventriloquists

The prodigious writings of a tortured genius.

Friday, November 17, 2006

The 151st Pokemon

So this will be the fourth blog post I've made in 4 consecutive days. Wowie. Or three. I forget.

So I've been on a kick of this band Mew since I first got their album, "And The Glass Handed Kites" in August. Since then, instead of becoming disinterested with it, their music has grown on me greatly. They're Dutch or Danish or Donuts or something like that. Their music is possibly the nerdiest shit I've heard in a long time, but in a totally good way; because they're nerds who are being heartfelt about their nerddome. By the way, this is their fourth album, which means I have some backtracking to do.

It's hard to call it anything but poppy prog-rock, and it should have been the score to the Lord of the Rings trilogy. This is the best album I've heard this year, but I'll talk more about that in my grand, end-of-the-year, highly acclaimed music wrap up (no one cares about it, it's totally mastubatory). Watch deez vidz:



Above is Mew's most recent video. It's all sexy and shit.



I don't know how they get away with this shit. I mean, the audacity! They're all wearing scarfs with an elaborate light display as wind blows through their perfect Danish hair. Oh shit, fake snow!



This is the first song I heard from them (well not specifically, this is the single version, I like the album version better). A lot of times I just want music videos to be beautiful shots of the band rocking out. This is that.

1 Comments:

At 9:21 PM GMT-5, Blogger Mikel said...

excuse me mr. ignorant america, but in Japan, everyone carries around a Wii controller. Its for their own protection.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home