Heads On Sticks & Ventriloquists

The prodigious writings of a tortured genius.

Friday, October 20, 2006

Tiddlywinks of News

News part one:

I've been writing a solo electronic/MIDI-ish album for the past 2 or 3 months and I recently finished it, under the moniker Big Dinosaur. The album is totally instrumental (I can't sing well), and I'm pleased with how it turned out. It's no "2112", if ya know what I'm sayin'. It's called "It's All Going To Be Okay, Have Some Lunch"; the title and some album content was inspired by a story a friend told me. Anywho, click the image/link below for more on that.
This is what happens when someone has very little else to do.

Click and Download

Download the whole album here.

News part two:

For reasons of pure nostalgia, my friends and I are re-releasing a giant media project we created throughout high school. It was called "The Bill Benz Show" (even though I doubt I contributed the most videos), and was met with general enthusiasm as we sold it to our friends and strangers (we actually sold hundreds of copies of each episode). Much of it was sketch comedy and so forth. Also much of it is absolute trash, looking back on it. But, there are parts that we still feel like looking back on.

This summer we -- Me, Jon Katz, and Mike Chen -- conducted several interviews on the background and production of the show, which was started almost 6 years ago and ended about 4 years ago. Much has changed since then, but with the advent of YouTube, we were willing to revisit these old vids. So stay tuned, you may like what you see*.

Here's a short little promo Jon threw together to get the world psyched for the return of the BBS.




*You will not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home